Friday, February 10, 2012

Sometimes pages turn more quickly than we expect

So not too long after my latest set of thoughts I receive an email from my son telling me that his grandfather is in grave health and that he is en route to the nursing home where his grandfather currently resides. Now I don't know if you can refer to a father in law as an "ex" father in law since he and I never parted ways...but he is my former father in law.

We had an interesting relationship that changed dramatically for the better when Kate was born and grew even more when Drew came along. I've not seen him in many years, but what I do remember is how withdrawn and how sullen he almost always was. Now, it seems, he will be leaving us and what strikes me is the lack of joy he seemed to have. It's almost as if this is yet another "sign" for those who believe in such things that for me, it is time to not only turn the page but maybe seek out brand new books on what I hope is a long, happy, mystery filled ongoing journey....

funny how some events just seem to happen isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment


"A hole in the water, surrounded by fiberglass, into which one pours money"