Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's been more than a year

Since I've waxed philosophic here...On October 24th 2011, my right hip, the first one I had replaced, failed. That caused incredible pain and a disruption in the space time continuum that was my life.
The good news: It was fixed by yet another surgery on 11/14/11 and seems to be getting better as the days go on.
The bad news: it has caused such emotional devastation that even a month and change removed from surgery I am having a very difficult time finding joy in anything. In the past I have always been excited about the onset of the holiday season, this year, I really don't care. In the past I have always looked forward to, and been excited about, putting together a big spread for Christmas Eve and then enjoying the equally great spread Sue puts out for Christmas Day. This year, it seems like drudgery and an obligation.

I have tried and continue to try to pull out of this spiral. The more I try the more I find myself pulling deeper and deeper inward.
There, I've given it voice now, maybe that's the first step in getting rid of it...I can only continue to hope.... 

1 comment:

  1. give yourself permission to not feel like it this year! it's ok. one year of not getting into it isn't the downfall of civilization. :) i do hope that you find your days getting lighter.

    ReplyDelete


"A hole in the water, surrounded by fiberglass, into which one pours money"