Saturday, May 15, 2010

Graduation Day

Drew got his degree yesterday. He had some bumps along the road, but he dug in, worked like hell (the way he always does) and brought me to the edge of tears watching him walk up in the procession to the stage. Every day I think about it and every day I cannot fathom how incredible my children are. How far they have come, how they have managed to not just survive but overcome some really low points at critical times of their formative years. I regret every nano second where I was so wrapped up in my own emotional depths that I was physically present, and always "provided" but was so distant that I have to thank them for propping me up and getting me through those times. Maybe that's why it's so emotional now, and maybe why I'm so damn proud that I feel like bursting. Add on to all of this a soon to be "third" child, Vicki, Drew's fiance who has been so good for him that I can't thank her enough either.

Andrew, congratulations on your degree!!, Kate, Andrew and Vicki, thanks for making me so proud and for reminding me what it is to be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment


"A hole in the water, surrounded by fiberglass, into which one pours money"